Here are my notes from today’s Seattle income tax Court of Appeals hearing . . .Read the entire blog
At a recent public meeting the WEA union dropped its opposition to opening new charter schools
- Converse Chuck Taylor '70 Ox - Women's Cherry Red Patented 162442C
- G by Guess Womens Hailee WC Round Toe Knee High Fashion Boots
- Ladies Red Brown Leather Ankle Chelsea Pull On Boots With Elastic Side UK5 EU38
- New Balance Womens 501 Irredescent Size 5.5
- New Cole Haan Genevieve Weave Short Ankle Boots Leather shoes Heels Pumps D29053
- Nike Flex TR7 Training Trainers Ladies UK 7 US 9.5 EUR 41 CM 26.5 REF 179
- Pleaser Women's Sky 309UVLG Platform Sandal Black Patent Neon Hot Pink Glitter
- Salomon L39063000 Womens Speedtrak W Trail Runner- Choose SZ color.
- STELLA MCCARTNEY women SCARPA SNEAKER SLIP ON CON ZEPPA ART. 392314 W0YT1 8163
Leaders of Impact, Salish Sea Elementary Charter School, just approved to open in Seattle
Last week I attended a public meeting of the Washington State Charter School Commission. This Commission decides how many new charter schools to open each year. Despite the bright early summer sunshine flowing into the large meeting room at the Technology Access Foundation in South Seattle, attendees felt a marked note tension in the air.
Past Commission meetings have been marred by protests and disruptions from the state's powerful WEA union. Union executives hate the idea that parents, especially in marginalized and underserved communities, might "escape" the system by choosing their own schools. For years they have tried, so far without success, to shut down every charter school in the state. Instead, new community-based versions of the popular independent public schools open every year.
The Commission last week began with testimony from parents, teachers and other concerned members of the public. Many had traveled from Bellingham to speak out in support of Whatcom Intergenerational High School (WHIS), which is working with local tribes to provide support for students. One woman joyfully sang a Native American song in support. At that point the tension noticeably lightened, and smiles broke out across the room. Even normally stern Commission members softened their air of official dignity.PRADA x CAR SHOE Leather Canvas Taupe Silver Driving shoes 39.5 Read the entire blog
Corn and soybean producers with large farms in the Midwest will be the primary beneficiaries of the newest round of “help” meant to off set the cost of the tariff war with China.
There are two major problems with the bailout funds and their disbursement. First, the funds are tied to acres planted rather than historic acres and yields. Second, the timing of the announcement has the potential to have a direct effect on the number of acres planted.PREMIATA damen schuhe shoes black technical gewebe und leder Matthew sneaker